The Islamic Republic of Iran Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Northern cities Water Supply and sanitation Project
Loan No. 4738-IRN
Rasht Wastewater collection system western Area Main Transmission Line SS7/09
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business on line on 21 Sept. 2005 and in Digimarket on 19 Sept. 2005.
2. The Islamic Republic of Iran has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost of Northern Cities Water Supply and Sanitation project, and it intends to apply part of proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract SS7/09 for the construction of Rasht Wastewater Collection System of Western Main Transmission Line.
3. Guilan Water & Wastewater Company now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the construction of Wastewater Collection System about 5.7 km of 1200 mm GRP pipes with the construction of 50 manholes. The delivery/construction period is 485 days.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (1CB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s, Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in he Bidding Documents.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from IRANAB Consulting Engineers and inspect the bidding documents at the address (10.1) given below from 9:00 a.m. to 16:00 p.m. local time from Saturday to Wednesday.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
- The minimum required annual volume of construction work for the successful Bidder on average of the last five successive years should be 75,000 million Rials, or 7.6 million USD (Seven million six hundred thousand USD).
Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least two works of a nature and complexity equivalent to the works over the last 5 years.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
- Iranian bidders must submit evidence of their Management and Planning Organization Grade 2 for water works.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English and Farsi may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address (10.1) given below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 2,500,000 Rials (Two million five hundred Iranian Rials) or 260 USD (Two hundred sixty USD). The method of payment will be cash or direct deposit to account number 20-195092-1 Saman Bank Pasdaran Tehran, branch No. 805 in name of Abolghasem Tootoonchi, for both local currency and USD. The Bidding Document rill be sent by express mail or alternatively may be picked up at the address below on interested bidder's discretion.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address (10.2) given below at or before 10:30 a.m. of 12 Jan. 2010. Electronic bidding "shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders' representatives, ho choose to attend in person at the address (10.3) given below at 11 a.m. of 12 Jan. 2010.
9. All bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security of 600,000,000 IRR (Six hundred million Iranian Rials) or 61,000 USD (Sixty one thousand USD) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency at the selling exchange rate published by The Central lank of The Islamic Republic of Iran on 5 Jan. 2010.
10. The address (es) referred to above is (are):
1. Address to inspect and purchase Bidding Document
IRANAB Consulting Engineers No.5 Jhila Alley, Basiri St., Do Rahi Gholhak, Dr. Shariati 19496-43941, Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic of
Tel: +98-21-22633047-56 Fax: +98-21-22602780 Email: email@example.com
2. Address to deliver Bidding Document: Guilan Water and Wastewater Co. Central Secretarial
Next to Ghods Park, Hafez St., Rasht, Iran, Islamic Republic of
Tel: +98-131-3221025, 6, 7 Fax: +98-131-3225020 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Address to open Bidding Document: Guilan Water and Wastewater Co. Conference Hall, 3rd Floor of Main Building, Next to Ghods Park, Hafez St., Rasht, Iran, Islamic Republic of Tel: +98-131-3221025, 6, 7 Fax: +98-131-3225020 Email: email@example.com